Happy Friday, y’all! With Spring here and Summer rapidly approaching, I wanted to share my top 5 beauty products. I’ve been using some of these for years and swear by them. They will carry you straight into summer…and fall and winter and spring again! You get the picture. So let’s just dive right in.
1. Sunless Tanner & Gradual Tanner. This time of year I love to start getting some color, but the older I have gotten the less I try to expose my skin to the harsh sun. I love using a sunless tanner to get a good color and a gradual tanner to help maintain it. I found out about this form of sunless tanning last year and totally love it! These are little towelettes and they make application so easy. They are large enough that I only need to use one for my entire body and they don’t dry out or run out of product. PRO TIP: when you are sunless tanning be sure to exfoliate before you apply and start at the bottom and work your way up. I always do my legs first, then my mid section and finish off with my arms.
2. CC Cream. I love the ease of a CC Cream vs a heavy foundation. Now, before you stop listening, this is not a normal CC Cream. This stuff is FULL coverage. It is NOT a tinted moisturizer. It blends so easily and doesn’t feel heavy or cake up like foundation tends to do as the weather gets more hot. Just trust me, this one is worth trying. This stuff also has SPF 50
3. Highlighter. I know not every one is feeling the whole highlighting craze currently sweeping the beauty community, but I’m into it. Nothing too crazy, but I like to glow. Lets be real though, who DOESN’T wanna glisten like J-Lo?! Like I’m just naturally glistening from within. This Marc Jacobs liquid highlighter has quickly become my new favorite. Sometimes liquid highlights can look more natural and subtle than powder highlights. So if you are on the fence I would say this one is a great one to start with. Plus it smells like coconuts. My favorite thing to do is mix it with my foundation (or CC Cream I mentioned above). If you use it on top of product I would suggest working quickly as it does tend to set pretty quick.
4. Nail Polish. As you can tell from all of these pictures, I am a habitual cuticle picker. It’s a nasty habit that I’ve had since I was a kid and I just can’t seem to break it (unless I’m wearing acrylic nails. Ew.). I have found that they are better when I have my nails painted, though. This Essie Gel Polish has quickly become my favorite. I have several bottles and have had great luck with every shade. In fact I’ve almost gone completely through this polish in the shade “Pre-Show Jitters” (pictured). I don’t think I’ve ever gone through an entire bottle of polish. I also recently got the Essie Gel Topcoat and WOW. It makes such a huge difference. This polish lasts me a good week without chipping or peeling.
5. Yummy Fragrance – Coco Mademoiselle. Spring is the perfect time to treat your self to a new fragrance. Typically I don’t care for super floral scents and I am horrible at explaining scents and notes. I DO know that I tend to love any fragrance that has patchouli. This has been one of my favorite perfumes for years. I would say it is a more mature scent for sure, but it isn’t heavy. If you haven’t smelled it before, do yourself a favor and let your nose get a whiff. Chanel makes some of the best fragrance available. They have been iconic for years for good reason. I would also love to hear any of yalls recommendations for fragrance. I’m always looking to try new ones!
What are some of calls Spring Beauty Essentials? Also, be sure to go to Bailey & Jamie’s blogs to see their must have items! I always love seeing what other people love and use all the time. Everyone has such different taste so it can be so fun to see what someone else loves and if its a product I’ve tried before.