Is that title too dramatic? Maybe…but, honestly probably not. Theses are the jeans that I have been wearing for years now and I stand by all of these. Today I am going to be sharing each one with you, going over pros and cons, talking fit, and everything in between.
1. TopShop Leigh Moto. These black jeans are absolutely perfect! They have some light distressing at the knees which is perfect if you aren’t into the full on gaping holes everywhere look. Mine are a 26 x 30 for size reference.
Pros: high waisted and hold everything in, suuuuper stretchy, hold their shape, holes don’t hit in weird spots, you can wear multiple times between washes, you can choose your length to get the absolute best fit.
Cons: sizing tends to be a little off (I would recommend sizing up), you have to remember to hang dry them.
2. AG The Legging. So AG jeans are my favorite jeans I have EVER owned. They literally feel like you are wearing leggings. Mine are a 26.
Pros: hold their shape incredibly well, you can wear multiple times between washes, super soft denim, they give your butt a nice looking shape and “lift”, pockets don’t hit in weird spot in back, have real front pockets.
Cons: may be too long if you are petite, price point is not budget friendly (however, in my opinion they are totally worth it if you can catch them on sale),
3. Highwaisted Levi’s. If you are looking for the perfect high waisted distressed denim, look no further. This pair is so perfect. It’s like a modern day cool twist on the classic mom jean. Mine are size 26 for size reference.
Pros: Suck and hold all the things in, heavy/sturdy material while still being comfortable, hold their shape and don’t stretch out bad.
Cons: Knee holes tear easily (not a huge deal, but I wish mine had stayed in tact instead of getting vertical rips), could be too long if you are petite.
4. Blank NYC Boyfriend Jeans. Y’all have heard me rave and rave over the jeans and for good reason. They are my favorite boyfriend jeans ever. Mine are a 25 for size reference.
Pros: great distressing, real pockets, heavy/sturdy denim while still being comfortable, reshape easily.
Cons: need to be washed between each wear or they look to baggy, there is dye variance with each pair (some almost have a tie-dye look to them).
5. LOFT White Fray Hem. A good pair of white denim is an absolute must and I love that these have a fresh cut hem. It gives them a nice modern twist without having huge holes all over them. I wear a 24/00 for reference.
Pros: great fit (LOFT even carries a curvy fit for my ladies with more curves than me), good length, you can wear them cuffed as well, they hold their shape well.
Cons: sometimes the sizing at LOFT can be a little off so if you are ordering online be careful (I recommend sizing down in their pants as they usually run a little large).
So I hope y’all enjoy! Let me know if you buy any of these how you like them. I always love hearing your feedback on my recommendations!