This post may contain affiliate links.
I thought today it might be kind of fun to do something a little different in honor of the New Year. I am wanting to shift my blog a little bit and focus less on fashion and more on sharing our life. I will still be sharing fun outfits, because that’s a big part of who I am, but I am wanting to share more raw real life and motherhood with you as well. So I’m sharing 10 things you may not know about me.
- I grew up dancing and did ballet for 15 years. I would have done it longer, but due to several circumstances quit cold turkey. I miss it all the time and can’t wait for Sadie to be old enough for dance classes.
- I met my husband at a red light. True story. If you want to hear more about how John and I met you can read our love story here.
- I am a recovering chronic cuticle picker. Some people bite their nails as a nervous habit and I pick my cuticles. I did this for YEARS – literally most of my life. I recently quit and have done a really good job at not picking. I had to have acrylic nails for the longest time to keep from picking.
- I studied Exercise Sports Science in College and minored in Spanish. I wanted to go to PT school, but after transferring Universities and losing nearly 30 credit hours I decided I would rather shoot myself in the foot than go through three more years of school. Ya feel me.
- I have always wanted four kids. I grew up with two older brothers and always wanted a younger sibling. I love big families and have always wanted four kids. After dealing with two HG pregnancies I can say with certainty I am fine with two beautiful girls. If we feel called to adoption later, I am open to that, but as far as me carrying another baby…not happenin.
- I share a birthday with one of my older brothers who is four years older than me. It was always interesting planning birthday parties growing up. I would get a morning party and he would get the afternoon or vice versa. He didn’t like me for a long time since I stole the show 😉 but, we get along great now!
- I am really into rap music. Not new rap (lame), but good rap. Like 90’s early 2000’s rap. I know most every word to every song Eminem has ever come out with and can rap better than any white girl you know, I promise. Not sure if I should be proud of that though lol.
- Bouncing off of number 7 I remember lyrics and movie lines like nobodies business and almost everything reminds me of one or the other. Someone can say something and I will be reminded of a line from a movie or a song and will feel the need to share. Random. A skill not suited to put on the resume, but I consider it a skill nonetheless.
- It is totally my dream to live like a hippy with chickens, butcher our own meat, grow our own fruits and vegetables. I am super into healthy living and have a strong desire to be able to be mostly self-sufficient apart form grocery stores. The concept is fascinating and appealing to me.
- I started this blog as a way to connect with other women and mama’s and have truly found the best community. The messages and emails I receive from my readers is amazing and ALWAYS makes my day. I love this tiny community that has been built and I owe it all to the Lord and His goodness for blessing this space.
…SHOP THE POST…
And as always, because the condition of my heart is far more important than anything I put on or in my body, I leave you with this. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; behold, the old has passed and the new has come.” II Corinthians 5:17